a kettlebell training log, and
a launch pad for aberrant missives

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Training Log

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Snatches (12 kg)
6 x (8+8) + 6 x (7+7) + 6 x (6+6) in 72-second rounds = 252 snatches

MP Ladders (8 kg + 2.5 lb. plate = 20.5 lb.)
5 x (1, 2, 3)

TGU's (12 kg + 2.5 lb. plate = 28.5 lb.)
1R, 1L, 2R, 2L

I didn't exactly do 36:36 with the snatches although the 7+7 approximated that cadence. I have found that with these interval workouts, the first couple of sets are the hardest - the body is just in shock after coming out of stretchy downward dogs. If I can make it through the initial minutes, I will usually be able to finish my planned routines. I personally don't like to "go all out and see what happens" because the mind has a way of inventing all kinds of excuses when the going gets tough. I just try to set realistic but increasingly demanding goals and not let myself quit until I hit my target each time. Next week I will do a similar workout and I may up the rounds or the reps - it depends on the dosage of chocolate I get. After the snatches tonight I was in a daze. I might have done six or seven ladders of presses. I lost track ...

No comments: