a kettlebell training log, and
a launch pad for aberrant missives

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Training Log

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Double Swings (two 8 kg's)
12 x 20 on the minute = 240 swings

Clean & Jerks (two 8 kg's)
2 x 8

Front Squats (two 8 kg's)
2 x 5

TGU's (12 kg + 2.5 lb. plate = 28.5 lb.)
6 Xs, alternating right & left

I did mostly doubles work today primarily because my 12 kg (the one without the 2.5 lb. plate taped to it) is still sitting in the trunk. Swinging two 8 kg's felt easier on the back than doing 2-arm swings with the one pood. However, it was much more work for the grip than I expected. My left hand grip was definitely getting smoked towards the last couple of sets. I also tried to do a double get-up. The combined weight was more than I'd ever done TGU's with. I could sort of do it but it's nothing to write home about because the control was not there.

Today I came across this piece by Ted Kerasote, author of Merle's Door, that I feel moved to share. I am not "into" companion animals, but to cause unnecessary suffering to any sentient being is just plain wrong. It is regrettable that the once-great Chinese civilization has devolved to such a point that animal cruelty is condoned by many and the government routinely disregard human rights and basic freedoms. Click here for Mr. Kerasote's piece from Salon.com, published March 24, 2008.

1 comment:

Mark Reifkind said...

good solid work cecilia!double work is tough and is good for your back. better, I think that two hands on one bell work.