a kettlebell training log, and
a launch pad for aberrant missives

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Catching Some ZzZzZzZzZ

Ain't got no time to sleep! But I just signed up for the Z Health R-Phase certification course in Fremont later this year. That means more studying and practicing on top of all the little and big things that I need to get done. One thing that I like about myself is that I don't agonize over decisions - I don't have an internal calculus when it comes to the question of "What's next?" When I first found out about the San Jose RKC, I was browsing the Dragon Door website - barely two months after I picked up my first kettlebell. Within minutes I had signed up for it. Impulsive? Hardly. Over the years I have become more and more trusting of my intuition. I simply let it guide me along the path that is revealing itself as I'm ready to take the next step. Life is very uncomplicated if you'd just go with the flow. I don't need to justify or rationalize anything. There is a sense of true freedom!

Oh, I am proud to announce that I broke a drum stick Monday night in taiko class. It snapped right into two on the final note of my solo ending. Those kettlebell muscles, you know.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

1-Arm Swings (16 kg)
12 x (10 + 10) on the minute = 240 swings

Double Swings (two 12 kg's)
4 x 20 on the minute = 80 swings

Double Swings & Snatches (two 8 kg's)
2 sets of 10 x (1 swing + 1 snatch), 3-minute rounds

Russian Cossacks (8kg)
3 sets of 5 x (1L + 1R)

Double Windmills (12 kg above, 16 kg below)
8L, 8R

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Double Swings (two 12 kg's)
4 x 18 on the minute = 72 swings


Clean & Jerks (12 kg)
3 x (5L, 5R)

Russian Cossacks (8kg)
3 sets of 5 x (1L + 1R)

1 comment:

Mark Reifkind said...

I was going to go to the z health cert here as well but now I am going to the rkc fms cert instead. next year for z health for me. I know you will enjoy it and learn tons.